Latest Central District News
March 10, 2014
8 Team District Playoff Bracket - seeding by regular season standings
Three dates are required for the 8-team district playoffs. Tuesday April 15, Thursday April 17, and Monday April 21st. Tuesday, April 22 will be used as a rain date.
- Regular Season North and South winners (1N and 1S) have automatic Regional Playoff Berths - Seeding is based on results of district tournament with the regular season 1N and 1S getting a regional berth in their relative finish position.
- Highest two finishers in District Championship (not including 1N & 1S) get the remaining two seeds to Regionals
- Highest seed of each contest is the home team and must provide field and referees - In the case of a tie for highest seed, use regular season (RS) head to head, then, RS record, then Goals against, then coin flip Automatic Qualifier (AQ) Scenarios
- 1N and 1S win first round and second round - bracket determined seed (consolation game required)
- 1N or 1S lose first round while other wins first round, first round loser is #4 seed. If the first round winner loses second round then #3 seed (No consolation game required
- If the first round winner wins the second round bracket determined seed and second round losers play for #3 seed (consolation game is required) 3. 1N and 1S lose first round play each other for #3 and #4 seeds in consolation game.
March 10, 2014
Central Division 1 District Seeding:
- 1 & 2 seeds are determined by regular season play.
- 3 & 4 seeds determined by 2 seeding games between regular season seeds 3,4,5,and 6. The teams will be matched as follows:
- Game 1: 3 vs. 6; Game 2: 4 vs. 5
- The 3 seed will be awarded to the winner of the seeding games that entered the seeding round with the highest seed from the regular season.
- Ex. if 3 wins game 1 they will be 3 seed and winner of game 4 will be 4 seed. If 6 wins game 1, they will be the 4 seed and game 2 winner will be the 3 seed.
February 25, 2014