The Bowie Lacrosse Club has coaching positions open for JV Head Coach and an Assistant Coach.
Head JV Coach for Bowie High School.
Assistant JV Coach for Bowie High School.
The Bowie Lacrosse Club is looking for a head JV coach and one assistant JV coach for a Texas High School Lacrosse League (THSLL) Division 1 member program. In addition to the primary responsibility for the Bowie Junior Varsity team and assisting with the Varsity program, candidates will be expected to assist the Head Varsity coach with the activities of the JR Bulldawg Youth Lacrosse Association feeder program.
* This is a coaching-only position reporting to the Bowie Lacrosse Board, the Varsity Head Coach and the Bowie High School Principal. Compensation is competitive and negotiable
The ideal candidate will have:
* A proven track record at a high school level or higher of motivating players to reach their potential
* A solid foundation of lacrosse fundamentals and the ability to teach them
* A focus on the long term growth of the program through recruitment and development through the
JR Bulldawg feeder program and other outreach efforts
* An ability to command respect and enforce team discipline
* Defensive Coaching Experience
* Provide mentorship to individual team members to reach their lacrosse goals during high school
* Work with the Board to recruit new players at all levels, from youth through high school
* Hold coaching seminars and provide guidance to Jr Bulldawgs coaches
Dripping Springs High School (Dripping Springs, TX)
Boys' Head/Asst. Coach
(Varsity/JV). Available: Immediately. Deadline: August 15, 2014.
Dripping Springs High School lacrosse will compete in the THSLL Central D2 for the 2014-2015 season before moving to Central D1 in 2015-2016. DSHS is seeking qualified coaches for multiple varsity and JV positions.
The varsity squad is returning 20+ players from last season, in which they finished 9-9 including an overtime loss in the district semifinals and a state playoff birth before losing to state runner-up and defending champion Flower Mound. The JV is coming off a 10-0-1 season with an additional 17 rising freshman expected to join the roster this season.
Varsity - Offensive Coordinator
Varsity - Defensive Coordinator
JV - Head Coach
JV - Assistant (two positions available)
The #1 goal for this season is to compete for a state championship. In order to attain it, players and coaches must be committed 100% to the process. Qualified coaches must have a positive attitude, high lacrosse IQ, and an ability to connect and work with high school athletes.
Fall practices will be held twice a week beginning in October and Spring practices will be held 3-4 times a week after 5pm on the DSHS turf field. Games will on Saturday with the occasional week night game.
Coaches will also be responsible for helping scout opponents as well as with film study. Some travel will be necessary but paid for by the lacrosse club.
JV head coach - There is a possibility of having two JV teams this season. The JV head coach will be responsible for both teams with the help of his two assistants and the guidance of the head varsity coach. This position is crucial to the future development of our program.
Please contact us and let us know which position(s) you are interested in. Please include a general resume along with a lacrosse specific resume. Salary: Negotiable based on experience. Appointment: Part-Time, 9 months.
Contact for information: Bill Cafferata, Head Coach.
Phone: (512) 230-4497
Copyright © - All Rights Reserved - Texas High School Lacrosse League