2023 Championship Brackets
2023 Championship Schedule
State Championship 5/13 & 5/14
- All state weekend games will be streamed live by Game On Sports.
|Time||Coppell High School||Coppell Lesley Field|
|10:00 AM||Class A - Kinkaid vs Lake Travis||Class A - Cy Woods vs Episcopal Houston|
|12:00 PM||Class AA - ESD vs Highland Park||Class B - Westlake vs Westwood|
|2:30 PM||Class AA - Woodlands vs Westlake||Class B - Lovejoy vs TMI Episcopal|
|4:30 PM||Class D Final - John Paul II vs Hyde Park|
|6:30 PM||Class C Final - Alamo Heights vs Vista Ridge|
|10:00 AM||Class B Final|
|12:00 PM||Class A Final|
|2:30 PM||Class AA Final|
Please check back closer to the event for the latest bracket and times.
2023 Championship FAQ
Game Locations and Times:
Gates will open 1 hr. prior to the 1st scheduled game on Saturday and Sunday
- Field 1
Buddy Echols Field
located at Coppell High School
185 West Parkway Blvd.
Coppell, TX 75019
- Field 2
located at Coppell High School 9th grade campus
1301 State Champions Parkway
Coppell, TX 75019
What are the team check-in procedures?
- Buddy Echols Field – Teams will check-in at the player/coaches’ gate by the fieldhouse. Upon check-in, the head coach will receive a packet with all the coaches/staff badges in it. The team will then be led to their locker room. Please adhere to the locker room & practice field schedule. All other sideline passes will be issued at the main gate.
- Lesley Field - Teams will check-in at the main gate by the fieldhouse. Upon check-in, the head coach will receive a packet with all the coaches/staff badges in it. The team will then be led to their locker room. Please adhere to the locker room & practice field schedule. All other sideline passes will be issued at the main gate.
Are there facility restrictions?
- Pets are prohibited. Working dogs (handicapped aides) are permitted.
- The use of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products is prohibited on all property.
What field personnel are allowed?
- The track area around the field is restricted to approved players and staff. Each team will be allowed up to five (5) coaches or staff members, two (2) representatives to sit at the ends of the “Official Score Table,” and no more than one Team photographer and/or videographer.
Are there hotels available?
- Yes - The link below will take you to a page with multiple hotels located in the area. We are currently working with the hotels we partner with to secure special team rates for the teams traveling from out of town. This information will be emailed to the teams as soon as we have that list.
Will there be practice fields available?
- Yes - There will be practice fields available. Teams will have access to a warm-up field, with goals, adjacent to the stadium. This is a secure area for your teams.
What is the locker room procedure?
- There will be designated locker rooms in the Field House for meeting, dressing, etc. before and postgame. Hosts will show teams where to go.
Will trainers be available?
- Baylor Health is providing athletic trainers for the games. If not treating players, they will be available to wrap ankles; however, players must provide their own supplies (pre-wrap, tape, etc.). The trainers will use the SCAT 3 test to evaluate any possible concussion. If a concussion is suspected, the athlete will not be able to return to play and the player’s coaching staff on site will be notified.
Are home and visitor site administrators required?
- Site Administrators are not needed or allowed on the field since the host will handle security. We do ask that the fans and teams behave accordingly.
Who runs the table?
- The official scorebook and penalty time will be kept at the sidelines by tournament-provided personnel. Each team may have a single team bookkeeper and a single spotter allowed at the table.
Will there be bus parking?
- Yes, there will be designated Bus parking. There will be directional signage and event staff to identify the area. Each team will also receive a map with parking clearly marked prior to the event.
How much will it cost to get in?
- Adults $15 each day or a band to use both days can be purchased for $25
- Students $10 each day
- Youth wearing a youth lacrosse team jersey $5
- Children 2 and under free
Will T-shirts be available for purchase at the Stadium?
- A vendor will be onsite at Buddy Echols Field both days selling tournament t-shirts.
Will there be a program available?
- A digital program will be available to download.
Are credit cards accepted?
- No, we accept cash and Venmo both at the gate and concession stand.
Will I be allowed to take pictures or film during the games?
- Each team will be given ONE sideline pass to be used by your Team Photographer or Videographer. This pass will be distributed to the team at check-in. The designated team photographer will be allowed on the fan side sideline five yards from the sideline and not beyond goal-line extended. All other photographers may take pictures from the stands, but please be aware that standing at the front railing affects the view of those that are seated behind you. The field of play will not be accessible after the final games for personal photos. The teams will be encouraged to move off the fields where they will be accessible for family photos.
Who should I contact for a Media Pass?
- Media passes are restricted to actual media representatives and are not intended for use by commercial photographers. Agreement not to resell photographs taken under the use of a Media Pass will be required.
Will there be photos for sale?
- Photos will not be for sale through Coppell Lacrosse.
What happens if there is inclement weather?
- Stadiums have an all-weather surface, and games will not be called on account of the weather. Bring rain gear.
- The Coppell Parks and Recreation Department operates a lightning prediction system at the stadium. This system is designed to alert users that the conditions are favorable for lightning strikes. When the system detects the potential for a lightning strike, the air horns sound an uninterrupted 15-second blast, and the strobe light will activate. Patrons who hear the horn and/or see the light need to seek shelter immediately. When the system no longer detects a threat, three 5-second blasts from the horn will sound and the strobe light will stop working. This is the signal that it is safe to return outdoors.
Will there be Concessions and food vendors at the tournament?
- Food and beverages will be available for sale in the concession area of the stadium. A variety of lunch items, snacks and drinks will be offered both days. We will take cash and Venmo only at the concession stand. A food vender will also be on hand selling food and drinks.
Will there be other activities?
- No other activities will be on site.
What do I do about personal emergencies?
In case of any emergency, please contact:
- Brooks Carter
Coppell Lacrosse President
- Jeff Sullivan
HS Boys Program Director
- Matt Mueller
Varsity Head Coach
- Kendra Carter
Booster Club President
- A trainer is available for all teams. Teams may bring their own trainer if they would like.