Camps and Clinics
Posted on April 23, 2019
McNeil Maverick Varsity Men’s Lacrosse Head Coach
McNeil Mavericks Lacrosse is accepting applications a Varsity Men’s Lacrosse Head Coach. Since then the sport has grown exponentially, offering developmental and competitive programs for youth boys in kindergarten through High School, at the most competitive levels. This includes teaching individual fundamental skills, the essentials of team play, proper physical conditioning, a competitive atmosphere, and most importantly, good sportsmanship. Through our coaching staff and volunteers, the Maverick lacrosse program fosters the MOTTO CCB Character, Commitment, and Brotherhood!!
Position: Varsity Men’s Lacrosse Head Coach
Season: Fall 2019/Spring 2020 with multi-year opportunity
District/Division: Central District / Division 2
- Previous coaching and/or playing Lacrosse at the High School level
- Knowledge of THSLL rules and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships with student-athletes.
- Strong leadership presence and presentation skills to motivate high school student-athletes.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members and support staff
- Strong vision for developing a grass roots feeder system down to JV and middle school level.
- Previous experience selecting and recruiting assistant coaches and lower level head coaches.
- A passion for the game and commitment to the Maverick community core values.
- Develop overall program curriculum for youth and middle school levels.
- Develop an overall strategy to compete for a State Championship at the Varsity level.
- Train and develop student-athletes and increase overall lacrosse acumen.
- Develop team practice plans and competition strategies including off season strength training.
- Represent the men’s lacrosse program at various community events.
- Be a positive, but firm role model to all players, instilling self-discipline on and off the field.
- Communicate, implement, and enforce player code of conduct.
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with players, parents, & the Maverick Board on program development, scheduling, player recruitment, volunteer support, player discipline, and program policies.
- Comply with league rules and maintain a positive working relationship with the league.
- Be visible, accessible, and supportive of the Youth Lacrosse coaches, players, and program (K-8th grade) .
- Foster open communication and growth plans with players to build an outstanding program to continue the “Great Legacy of McNeil Lacrosse”!
- Offer and support recruiting opportunities for interested and eligible student-athletes in pursuit of their goals to play lacrosse at the collegiate level.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, but negotiable. Performance-based bonus available if certain criteria are met.
Location: McNeil High School is located at 5720 McNeil Road, Austin, Tx 78729
Deadline to Apply: 5 May 2019
Submit Resume & Contact Information: Byron Sommer at firstname.lastname@example.org