San Antonio District News
Canyon High School, located in New Braunfels, is looking for an Offensive Coordinator/Assistant Coach to help with both the boys' and girls' programs. This coaching position is tied to a full-time teaching position. Specific duties on top of teaching would include daily practices, weekly/bi-weekly games, and seasonal tournaments. The candidate would have direct responsibility and supervision for the varsity practices, and games. This will be a paid position with benefits.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Certified Teacher
- Previous experience coaching is preferred.
- Previous lacrosse playing experience required. (NCAA, MCLA, JUCO, High School)
- Strong communication and leadership qualities are a must.
- Develop and maintain a culture for the program that supports Canyon HS Athletics Core Values
- Attend all games and practices
- Ensure all players learn all aspects of the game and have proper opportunities to develop these skills in practice and games
- Prepare players to play at the next level
- Manage game-day operations
- Maintain a positive/reinforcing attitude toward the team
- Abide by all program policies
If you are interested in obtaining more information, please contact Head Coach, Devan Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org.