San Antonio District News
Keller Lacrosse Association - JV Head Coach and HS Assistant coaches openings
Keller Lacrosse Association encourages you to consider coaching with us for the upcoming fall and spring seasons. Keller Lacrosse Association is seeking energetic coaches with a strong knowledge of lacrosse, skill development, and coaching techniques as well as a demonstrated ability to lead and inspire young athletes. In particular, we are looking for a candidate that is positive minded and encouraging that can serve as a role model.
Keller Lacrosse Association was established in 2008 and is one of the fastest growing lacrosse associations in the Dallas/Ft Worth area with over 200 players across various age groups. Our mission is to help promote and grow the sport of lacrosse for the students in the Keller Independent School District (KISD) and neighboring areas who want to learn and participate in this sport.
Our goal is to develop leadership ability and foster team spirit among the athletes of the Association. We promote the development of the game of lacrosse in the community by providing an organized, respectful, safe, team-oriented program where players can learn the fundamentals of lacrosse, develop the skills to be competitive in lacrosse, build the characteristics of good sportsmanship and strong character.
Positions available: HS Assistant (1-2) and JV Head coach (TBD)
- Represent the Keller lacrosse community in a positive, professional manner at all practices and events.
- Lead a team of young men and continue to help them grow a love of the sport.
- Act as a role model and foster an environment of respect, tolerance, integrity, and sportsmanship
- Be prepared and punctual for all coaching responsibilities
- Manage game day logistics: lineups, substitutions, strategy
- Develop and implement daily practice plans to effectively motivate and train athletes (Head coach role)
- Work with Varsity Head Coach, Mike Smith, HS Director and Coaching Coordinator to ensure methodology is consistent across teams.
Dates September 2022 - April 2023:
- Fall program: mid-September to November 2022 (1-2 events per week on weekend). Practice and 1-3 tournaments and/or scrimmages.
- Spring program: beginning in early January 2023 and ends late April 2023 (approximately 4-5 events per week)
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain professional, positive, and respectful relationships with student-athletes, other coaches, officials, parents, and members of the club's board
- Willing and able to coach within an overall HS system to ensure players are ready for the next level within the program.
- Remain aware of all legal liabilities related to all athletic activities and ensure a safe environment for all athletes
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the rules of the game (NCAA and THSLL)
- Previous lacrosse playing experience (NCAA, MCLA, JUCO, High School)
Salary: To be discussed, based on experience level. Candidates must pass a state mandated background check and be a US Lacrosse member (provided by Association). Contact for Information: Shane Otto, Vice-President, Keller Lacrosse at email@example.com, Phone 817-739-4040. Please send resume if interested.