The THSLL member programs shall remain responsible for the payment of fees for making non-weather-related changes to the THSLL schedule. Changes to the schedule are defined as those changes that require the assigner to "re-assign" the officials in the scheduling system and include, but are not limited to, changes in the starting date, time, location, opponent, level of a game, and/or any other reason that requires reassignment, unless notification is given to LOA in accordance with the following time limits and reasons:
- Four (4) days or more prior to the scheduled game start time= no fees or administrative charges are payable to either the Officials or the Assigner.
- Between 96 hours and 4 hours prior to the scheduled game start time= SO% of the full game fee is due to the Officials (no travel fees though). This does not apply to weather-related changes.
- Less than four (4) hours prior to the scheduled game start time= 100% of the full game fee is due to the Officials (no travel fees though).
- Officials will submit an invoice/voucher for the game fees directly to the home team of record in the scheduling system.
Weather Related Changes
Weather-related game-day cancellations/suspensions should be made by a phone call to the regional LOAAssigner and Referee assigned to work the game, and THSLL shall reflect the change in the game-scheduling system at least four hours prior to game time so that officials can always check the latest schedule before departing to a game. Game fees and administrative charges for weather-related game-day cancellations/suspensions shall be paid as follows:
- More than four (4) hours prior to game start time= No game fees incurred. No travel fees incurred. No administrative fees incurred. This is a simple "rainout" scenario, which does not incur any costs if the required actions are taken in time.
- Four (4) hours or less prior to game start time= 100% of each official's highest game fee that was cancelled/suspended. Thus, each official will receive only one game fee (no travel fees though).
- If more than one game was affected for the affected officiating crew, each official will be paid for only one game, which is the game with the highest game fee for that official.
- Even if officials have arrived at the playing facility or begun to travel to the game, no travel fees are permitted for weather-related cancellations/suspensions, regardless of the timing. A game must have commenced for travel and game fees to kick in.
- Officials must submit their invoice/voucher to the home team of record in the game-scheduling system for reimbursement of game fee(s) incurred.