Camps and Clinics
Assistant Lacrosse Coach Positions (Boys + Girls)
average of 6 hours/week
New Horizons Lacrosse (NHL) is seeking 2 (former or current) high school or collegiate lacrosse players to serve as assistant coaches for the 2019-2020 middle school lacrosse season! NHL is a local organization dedicated to growing the sport of lacrosse among underserved youth communities in the greater Austin area.
This assistant coach position will involve teaching lacrosse to a group of 15-20 middle school students at a Title I middle school in East Austin. Assistant coaches will have the support of head coaches as well as of NHL leadership to help create practice plans and programming, leading up to participation in local tournaments and games. Practices will be held twice each week at East Austin schools on weekday afternoons (with the exception of AISD holidays) during the fall and spring semesters. All equipment is provided by NHL.
- October through early December, January through June
- Minimum of 2 practices a week (3:30 PM to 6 PM)
- 3 Saturdays for games/tournaments
- Regular communication with a head coach and NHL leadership team
Paid and volunteer positions available. $800 for the 2019-2020 school year for qualified applicants.
The assistant coach will be a subcontractor to NHL and will be responsible for withholding taxes. W-9 will be required by successful applicants.
The assistant coach agrees to submit to a background check and to register with US Lacrosse, subsidized by NHL.
- Playing, coaching, teaching experience or comparable work experience
- Interest in and basic knowledge of the game of lacrosse
- High level of coachability/teachability
- Eager to learn about our population of students
- Cultural competency
- Demonstrated pursual of higher education
- Lacrosse playing and or coaching experience
- Experience working with groups of children
- Bilingual skills (Spanish) are an asset
- Enrolled in or a graduate of an accredited college/university
If interested, please send a résumé and brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org