Camps and Clinics
Lake Travis High School
Lake Travis High School, Austin, Texas is a Division 1 THSLL highly competitive club lacrosse program and ranked top 7 in state.
Summary of Position:
Lake Travis High School, Austin, Texas seeks a Head Coach for Boys Lacrosse who is involved in the community and dedicated to continuing the program in excellence.
Primary role includes but are not limited to:
· Set the standard of excellence for the lacrosse program.
· Organize practices for the Boys Lacrosse program (Varsity & JV).
· Schedule practices and games for the Boys Lacrosse program.
· Develop season long as well as individual game plans.
· Communicating with student-athletes and provide guidance.
· Ensure consistency and relative uniformity in the implementation of and execution of Lacrosse plan.
· Learn and adhere to rules specific to THSLL.
· Advocate on behalf of deserving players eligible for post-season awards/accolades and collegiate scholarships
· Attend district and state coaches’ meetings as required.
· Evaluating performance and providing suitable feedback, balancing criticism with positivity and motivation
· Assess strengths and weaknesses in a participant's performance and identifying areas for further development.
· Make recommendations for assistant coach hiring and retention.
· Provide Top-Down guidance to youth program.
· Collaborate on budgets.
· Involved in Uniform, Equipment, Vendor decisions
· Encouraging participants to gain and develop skills, knowledge, and techniques.
Ensuring that participants always train and perform to a high standard of health and safety.
· Inspiring confidence, and development of character
· Acting as a role model, gaining the respect and trust of the people you work with
· Always working to a high legal and ethical standard, particularly in relation to issues such as child safeguarding and health and safety requirements.
· Prior years lacrosse coaching and playing experience is required.
· Organization and time management skills.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
· Positive attitude towards student-players, board, parents.