Camps and Clinics
George Ranch High School Lacrosse Club Assistant Coach Position
The George Ranch High School Lacrosse Club (www.grhslacrosse.org), is looking for an energetic coach with a strong lacrosse background who wants to teach and mentor young athletes.
George Ranch is a diverse public high school in Fort Bend County with an enrollment of 2,700 students. In 2019 the club’s varsity team finished with a 15-3 record, had 7 All-District and 2 Honorable Mention player selections, and sent 5 seniors on to play lacrosse at the collegiate level. The club has a very engaged parent board and support of the school and school district.
The assistant coach is responsible for supporting the program in all aspects of the development of the team including: practice planning, implementation of game strategies, recruiting players, team management during practices, scrimmages and games.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to develop and maintain positive respectful relationships with student-athletes
- College lacrosse experience as player (NCAA Division I/II/III) is preferred
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Strong leadership presence and presentation skills to motivate high school student-athletes
- Excellent organizational skills
- Be a positive, but firm role model to all players, instilling self-discipline on and off the field
- Enforce player code of conduct
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members, other coaches, club parent board, school and district staff
- Available for all practices and game
Applicant coach is expected to be active with the program during the fall and spring season. Coaching stipend commensurate with experience. Must past a background check as a pre-condition of employment. Interested candidates may submit information to email@example.com.