Camps and Clinics
Cedar Ridge High School (Round Rock, TX)
Boys' Head Coach Available: 2014-2015. Deadline: May 10, 2014. Position Description: Cedar Ridge High School is looking for an experienced lacrosse coach to lead its lacrosse program and continue the momentum it has after just 3 seasons. The Raiders play within the Texas High School Lacrosse League (THSLL) Central Division II. The varsity team is ranked in the Top 10 in the state of Texas (4/16 DII Laxpower.com ranking) and finished in first place in District play. The Varsity program plays a schedule of 15-18 games and the JV program plays 12-15 games.
Candidates should have a passion for the sport and interest in building a highly competitive program. Applicants should be knowledgeable of the fundamentals and have a love for teaching the game. Experience coaching at high school or playing/coaching at college level is required. This is currently an off-campus stipend position. In addition to direct coaching of the high school teams, the role will require leadership skills necessary to recruit, develop, and manage paid and volunteer coaching staff necessary to continue the growth of the program. All Coaches must be US Lacrosse Level 1 Certified, CPR/AED and Emergency Medicine Certified and take the NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching online class including Concussion Management. Candidate must be available all seasons including summer to host camps, tournaments, and recruiting activities.
Negotiable. Additional income opportunities dependent upon recruitment (boys and girls), summer camps, tournaments, and sponsorship.
1. To oversee the entire lacrosse program including coaching staff. The head coach will work in coordination with the Booster Club Board. Head Coach will also develop a team culture and ensure continuity between JV and Varsity.
2. To be a role model in all settings and foster an environment of respect, tolerance, integrity and responsibility.
3. To exemplify a sense of professionalism at all times which includes game and practice times, with opponents, parents, faculty, staff, and administration.
4. Work with the CRHS Athletic Director to reserve practice and game field space. Work with the Faculty Sponsor to ensure compliance with No Pass, No Play. Submit documentation for players participating in OCPE.
5. To encourage participation and interest within the campus student body as well as the student body at feeder elementary and middle schools.
6. To adhere to all rules and regulations stated in the Cedar Ridge High School Lacrosse Bylaws, THSLL Rulebook and RRISD Athletic Handbook.
7. To enhance and refine fundamental skills and game strategies.
8. Attend all required meetings or events for Cedar Ridge High School Lacrosse Booster Club and the RRISD athletic department.
9. Promote the development and enhancement of qualities of sportsmanship, leadership, loyalty and commitment
10. To support and promote individual players in pursuing opportunities to play beyond the high school level.
Cedar Ridge High School Lacrosse is seeking a passionate, energetic individual who strives to build a highly competitive and challenging program for the Cedar Ridge student-athletes while supporting the school’s mission statement. Cedar Ridge Lacrosse is committed to offering a rewarding experience for the students while maintaining high academic standards. A Cedar Ridge Lacrosse coach is an individual who seeks excellence on a daily basis while teaching life skills that will benefit the student-athletes within the program for many years to come.
Contact for application and information: Mike Bonicoro, Director of Player Development, Phone: (512) 809-3032 E-mail: email@example.com