Camps and Clinics
Head Coach position is available at Westwood High School. The DI program has a strong current cadre of players, the lacrosse community in the area is growing rapidly and the program is positioned well for continued success and growth. In addition to the Head Coaching responsibilities of the Varsity team, the position is responsible for managing the JV team. Compensation is negotiable with additional income opportunities available with club programs, youth programs, and private lessons.
Successful candidates have:
- College lacrosse experience
- Coaching experience at the HS level
- A passion for the game that is contagious to the players and the entire lacrosse community·
- A positive coaching style that develops both lacrosse skills and leadership skills
- Head Coach of Varsity Lacrosse team with a goal of winning championships·
- Manage the JV coaches & team with a goal of developing players into future champions
- Participate in recruitment and selection of the Varsity and JV coaches·
- Participate in recruiting activities for grades K-8 to bring more players into the sport·
- Be a positive influence and role model to the HS players both on the field and off
- Season includes a fall tournament season, and spring competitive season
- With assistant coaches, complete necessary administrative activities such as Off Campus PE credit forms
- Work with area coaches to schedule games
- Recommend players for district/state awards, help players gain exposure at the college level, etc.
Contact for application and information:
- Steve Lawton, Former President Westwood Lacrosse 2013-14,
(512) 825-3075, email@example.com or
- Mike Tipps, Current President Westwood Lacrosse 2014-15,
(512) 576-2413 firstname.lastname@example.org .