Camps and Clinics
The Klein Lacrosse club is seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of head coach for its Division II Varsity/JV Lacrosse program. The successful candidate will be required to staff offensive and defensive coaching positions for the team to be determined by an additional posting with the help of a coaching selection committee. He/She will also establish and set the overall program objectives to ensure that the middle school teams mirror the varsity program. This is a paid position.
The successful candidate must be a leader, role model and demonstrate a positive attitude towards participants in the program and who understands the influence he/she will have on players. Coaches are evaluated annually not only on their knowledge of the game, but also based upon the above skills and below duties and traits.
The ideal candidate should have:
A proven coaching track record at a high school level or higher of motivating players to reach their potential and team success
A solid foundation of lacrosse fundamentals and the ability to teach them
An ability to command respect and enforce team discipline
Solid communication skills for working with the Board of Directors, parents and players
College lacrosse experience
Passion for the game that is contagious to the players and the entire lacrosse community
Positive coaching style that develops both lacrosse skills and leadership skills
Essential Duties Include:
- Head coach of varsity lacrosse team with a goal of winning championships. Manage all high school coaches to teach the fundamentals of lacrosse to all players. The head coach will be responsible for instilling good sportsmanship, leadership, fair play, the importance of academics to the players, and be able to relate and inspire confidence in students.
- Participate in recruitment and selection of the varsity and JV coaches
- Participate in recruiting activities for grades K-8 to bring more players into the sport
- Work with AD and team manager to schedule games
- Recommend players for district/state awards, help players gain exposure at the college level etc.
- Scouting future opponents as necessary.
- Assisting with the youth program.
- Direct all JV and varsity team practices and game activities.
- Works with the board of directors in the organization and development of a top tier program with a qualified coaching staff.
- Supervises regular practice sessions and games and is responsible for the conduct of participants and coaches at practices, games (before, during and after), and while traveling as a member of the team.
- Leads the players and coaches in developing and instituting game day strategies appropriate to the competition.
- Attends coaches’ meetings when called or scheduled and attends board meetings as appropriate.
- Participates in fund raising efforts, outreach to other lacrosse organizations and represents the program at high school events.
- Assists and counsels players in the planning and decisions regarding post- high school lacrosse college opportunities to include writing letters of recommendation if requested.
- Develop and Lead the assistant coaching staff.
Conditions of Employment
The successful applicant for the position of head coach of the Klein Boys Lacrosse Program must consent to and undergo an extensive background check as determined by the board of directors of the organization. Submit your resume, salary requirements and several coaching references (to include parents from previous programs and coaches from the same division) to Russ Medeiros, Russ.Medeiros@fmcti.com