North District News
MP Lacrosse: Youth 7th-8th Grade Boys Coach / 5-8th Grade Lead / Associate Boy’s Youth Director
Focus: We are seeking a passionate individual to help our program continue to grow and increase in competitiveness across the North Texas recreational lacrosse league. The ideal candidate will be energetic, have a proven enthusiasm and love for the sport of lacrosse, previous lacrosse coaching experience (preferably at the College or High School level) and a commitment to mentoring young men.
- Prior lacrosse coaching experience – College experience strongly preferred
- Proven communication capabilities, both oral and written
- Prior lacrosse playing experience – Varsity High School, or Inter-Collegiate playing experience strongly preferred
- Must be able to pass a background check
Key Job responsibilities / requirements
- Build and maintain a culture for the 7th/8th grade team that is consistent with MP Lacrosse values
- Focus on building stick skills across multiple skill levels with the express purpose of preparing 8th grade boys for competition at the High-School club level
- Ensure all players learn all aspects of the game and have proper opportunities to develop these skills in practice and games.
- Develop and implement an organized, consistent practice plan
- Run drills effectively, keep players focused during practice
- Oversee, direct and supervise all volunteer 7th/8th coaches. Provide guidance for 5th/6th (and potentially younger team) volunteer coaches, including
- Providing practice plan templates
- Providing skills drill suggestions
- Providing at least three (3) hour-long “coach training” sessions to drive alignment and consistency across the program
- Attend all 7th/8th games and practices
- Fall will be 1+ practice per week, 1+ tournaments, and potentially 2-3 games
- Spring is league play, 2+ practices per week, 10-12 games, year-end tournament
- Communicate important information regarding team news, practice, game changes, etc. to coaches and parents in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain a positive/reinforcing attitude toward the team.
- Abide by all club policies
- Recruit additional program coaches as needed
- Consistent communications with team and parents including, but not limited to:
- Pre-season kick-off note to parents
- In-season note to parents regarding lacrosse basics
- End season evaluation of each player (short list of things to focus on to progress)
- Notes to discuss any in-season events/issues that arise
- Regular communication with MP Boy’s Youth Director
- Any in-season rescheduling of games (communicated with the MP Boys’ Youth Director)
The role begins concurrently with the start of the 2022-2023 school year. The Fall program should begin early September and run through Thanksgiving. The Spring Season should start early January and run through April/early May.
If you are interested in being considered for the role please contact Shauna Ferguson at email@example.com