South District News
Class D Hyde Park (Austin) is seeking a Varsity Head Coach and Program Director to oversee both the Varsity and JV teams as well as the MS program. For the full job description, please contact email@example.com.
About the Program
In its second full season, the Varsity team went 9-3 (4-0) and expanded to include a JV roster. With two MS teams, the program reached 60+ athletes and is continuing to grow. The team looks to build on its success and will be returning all but one graduating senior.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Coach the Varsity team (Full squad practices run M-FR 4:30-6:15 from Jan-May, in-season games on weekends, with additional off-season commitments).
- Work with the Director of Athletics to lead the program under a Christian-based system of values, prioritizing character and team development.
- Schedule practices, games, and communicate with the Parent Board to coordinate game-day volunteers and events.
- Facilitate growth in MS/HS programs by hiring and guiding qualified coaches to ensure high retention and skill development of players throughout the program.
- Coordinate with the Parent Board to responsibly budget the program’s costs.
- Prior experience as HS Varsity coach/Program Director.
- Experience as a college lacrosse player
- High level of knowledge about the game, skill development, and how to foster a team-centric environment.
- Plus: Experience in Teaching at the High School level; for a potential full-time teaching position at Hyde Park High School
Copy: Wyatt Prominski, Current Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Heather Fox, Team President, email@example.com
Bruce Consier, Athletic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org